Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back

After the last back day, and wondering about the weight belt issue, I suddenly developed something of a mental block against doing things like GoodMornings and serious squats until I get a decent belt. The belt I ordered from EliteFTS came, and it was amazing. Unfortunately, it was too small. Given the sizing chart on their website, I was just on the border between L and XL. Being foolishly optimistic, and not knowing how to make the decision correctly, I went for the L. This is a serious weight belt made of industrial hard rubber tread, covered with stiff leather. I could get it on, but started freaking out when I couldn't remove it after 20 minutes. Too stiff, prongs too long, rubber too inflexible, not enough overhang to get some good pull. I calmed down and did finally get it unbuckled; however, I had no intention of repeating that drama in the gym. I sent it back for an exchange - XL this time. I hope it arrives before I leave town.

At any rate...here are tonight's numbers.

before a major injury tells me, "Oh...I should have been wearing a weight belt when I tried that!" I'll have to do some research on that one. I own a weight belt, but just never thought I needed it. I asked one of the head trainers at Gold's, and got an answer of, "I don't know, but it's a good question. I'll ask around and get back to you." That's the kind of response I like to hear, and gives me a lot of respect for the person delivering it.

At any rate, here are today's numbers:


Sunday, April 13, 2008 - Back

















































Exercise Cory Matt
BackExt (M) / Deadlift 150 x 15 x 2 205 x 8 : 205 x 10
Assisted WG pull-up 45 x 8 : 45 x 6 @ wt=230 85 x 10 : 85 x 7 @ wt=230
Seated cable pull 240 x 10 : 140 x 20 160 x 10 x 2
Bent-over barbell row 135 x 15 x 2 135 x 12 x 2
Lateral raise 70 x 12 : 80 x 12 (M) 20 x 20 x 2 (DB)
Posterior deltoid deck 115 x 12 x 2 115 x 12 : 115 x 5
RCStackSet 7.5 pounds 5 pounds



TOTAL 22,190 16,670

No comments: