Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Legs

Tonight was definitely an "in and out" kind of night. I'm not so sure that I'm liking the super-fast visits to the gym, since I find that it's an environment that I enjoy. Plus, I'm not convinced that all of the limited (though superset) exercises are achieving the same kind of muscle fatigue and micro-tearing that I want. Matt and I are planning to sit down on Sunday after the back workout to plan the next 12 weeks of workouts with concrete goals.

Here's the leg workout tonight. No nausea and getting sick like last week. Besides the better nutrition, I attribute this to a two things (which I like). First, pre-fatiguing the muscles by putting the big lift (squat, in this cast) last. Second, Only including one big lift (i.e., only squat instead of squat AND leg press.) I'll probably experiment more with this in the future.



Wednesday, January 9, 2008 - Legs




















Elliptical 6:59 / 1.0 miles
Single leg quad extension (M) 70 x 10 x 3
Single leg hamstring curl (M) 100 x 10 x 3
Calf extension (M) 210 x 20 x 3
Hack squats 140 x 10 : 280 x 10 : 100 x 25



No comments: